Certainty Advice Group is a training, consulting, and planning expert for financial advisory teams seeking to fast-track growth into the new era of advice built upon client value. Our website address is https://certaintyadvicegroup.com.
The terms “Certainty Advice Group”, “we”, “us”, “Certainty Advice”, and “our” include SCAT Pty Limited and our affiliates. We use the terms “member”, “you”, and “your” to mean any person using our Platform or attending related events, including any organization or person using the Platform on an organization’s behalf.
Certainty Advice Group is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected, respected, and recognizes that we must maintain and use your personal information responsibly. We DO NOT rent, sell, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties, except in the very limited circumstances outlined below.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you. These include, but are not limited to:
- sign up or register for the Certainty Advice Program;
- the creation of a member account;
- use of the Client Skilling/curriculum platform;
- attend a Certainty Advice Group event either in-person or virtually;
- direct referrals from Certainty Advice Group’s current business associates;
- visit our website;
- comment on our website;
- fill out a form;
- communication with us.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- email address
- first and last name
- phone number
- address, city, states, territories, postcode
- cookies, usage data, server logs, and other similar technologies
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may interest you. You may choose to opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications by using the unsubscribe link provided in any email we send or by emailing us at [email protected] with your request.
Comments left on our Service/Website will have the comment and its metadata retained indefinitely. This allows for our Service/Website to automatically recognize and approve follow-up comments instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We may collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website and Service Platform that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on the visited pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking and Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include a unique anonymous identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please note, if cookies are not accepted some portions of our Service will not be available for use.
Examples we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Information
Certainty Advice Group uses the collected data for various purposes:
- Operate, improve, promote and protect Certainty Advice and our Platform;
- Communicate with you;
- Keep internal records;
- Improve our products and services;
- Provide customer support;
- Periodically send promotional emails (commercial electronic messages) about new products, special offers, or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address and mobile number that you have provided;
- Contact you from time to time for market research purposes by email, text (commercial electronic messages), phone, fax, or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests and personalized content.
Sharing of Information
- to members or social media services, subject to the choices you may make via the Platform;
- to our third-party service providers who help us to operate or improve our Platform;
- to authorities to comply with legal obligations and to protect and defend our rights and property; and
- to an affiliate, financial institution, or successor entity as part of a corporate transaction.
Certainty Advice Group will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Australia and process it there.
We employ technical and organizational measures designed to appropriately protect your information that is under our control and that we process on your behalf from unauthorized access collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, or disposal, both during transmission and once we receive it. We store all information that you provide to us on secure servers. We train employees regarding our data privacy policies and procedures, and permit authorized employees to access information on a need-to-know basis, as required for their role. We use firewalls designed to protect against intruders and test for network vulnerabilities. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
Where you have a password, which enables you to use our services, you are responsible for keeping this password complex, secure, and confidential. If you would like to update or change your password, you may do so through your Member profile, by selecting the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page, or by reaching out to our team by email at [email protected].
Links To Other Websites
You may have the right to exercise your data protection rights, including to request Certainty Advice Group to delete, amend, or provides you with access to your information. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving Certainty Advice Group’s promotional messages and other materials.
If you feel we have breached your rights you can complain to your local data protection authority about the use of your information.
Additional GDPR Information
Certainty Advice Group may process your Personal Data because:
- need to perform a contract with you;
- You have given permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests, and your rights do not override it;
- For payment processing purposes;
- To com
- ply with the law.
If you have any questions you can contact us at [email protected]. Under the data protection law, the controller of your information is Certainty Advice Group and SCAT Pty Limited. If you wish access to your personal information that we retain on file, or if you wish to correct, update, or delete any information on file, please call (+61) 02 8966 9135 or email [email protected].